How to Publish a Catalog on the Marketplace
Please note: to import a catalog and then start publishing products, you first have to connect your marketplace accounts. For more information on how to connect the marketplace accounts, refer to the guides.
Add a standard catalog
To add a standard catalog, and publish it on the marketplace, enter in Catalogs Management tab, using the button More functions >> / Catalogs.
Click the button Add Catalog, and select a catalog from the existing ones.
This procedure is to be followed to manage a STANDARD catalog, which means already configured by our staff.
To manage your own custom catalog and configure it independently, choose from the drop down menu Custom catalog and read How to Publish a Custom Catalog help.
If the catalog you want to publish is not in the list, you can request it by sending us an e-mail (address email@example.com), so we can process it and make it appear in the drop down menu.
Enter a label for the catalog and notes, if necessary.
Choose the target marketplace among those proposed and the account where you want to publish the catalog.
If the credential for a marketplace is not shown, it means that you still have to add it to SellRapido.
To do this, open the Settings tab and then click on the "Marketplace Credentials" button.
Follow these guides:
The catalog is now active, enter in Listing Management panel (Pre-Sales button) and you can already start to manage it.
Before importing products and publish them on the marketplace, it is important to manage prices, shipments, and payment settings.
Click the Settings button in Pre-sales panel.
These settings have to be managed for each marketplace and configured catalog. If not editable, it means that you can not manage them for that specific marketplace.
In this panel you find various tabs, where you have to set:
- Prices: VAT, fees added to the list price, the percentage or fixed mark-up.
As shown in the picture, we added a 22% VAT, a percentage mark-up of 50% and a fixed mark-up of 5 euro.
Please note that you can manage specific settings to a price range or categories, in the bottom panel: in the picture, only products with price from 50 to 100 euro will have a mark-up of 40% + 3 euro, plus the marketplace and Paypal fees.
You can check the final prices of products that will be published on the marketplace, once you imported the catalog; in Pre-Sales product grid, click the button in Simulate column, and a window showing calculations, final product price and other information will be open (see the Simulate Prices help).
- Shipping: you can se one or more shipping methods, managing costs and timing, and also include shipping costs in price; select also the days to prepare shipping.
- Payment: check the payment methods that will be available to the buyer. If you want enable the payment via Paypal, enter your Paypal E-mail; to require an instant payment check the relevant box.
- Quantity Management: set the quantity that will be published for the product;
- Fields Publication: in this tab you can manage how the title will be published and how the product information will be updated (these settings are available only for eBay);
- Exclusions: in this tab you can define filters by Shop Category, Brand, SKU, etc. in order to exclude certain products from the publication on the marketplace. Products imported from the catalog that match exclusion rules will not be published;
- Automatisms: in this tab you can decide to use specific automatisms for the chosen marketplace;
- Categories Map: in this tab, you can view and edit your store categories, and assign to each a marketplace category;
- in the Template tab, you can set a layout for your listings (these settings are available only for eBay);
- in the Other tab, you must enter a SKU prefix that will be assigned to the products and information about returns.
Click on Ok to confirm settings.
To manually import products of your catalog in SellRapido click the button Import Now.
This procedure will process the catalog, calculating all actions that will be performed on the marketplace. A few minutes are needed to complete this process.
Once the import is finished, will be shown the number of products To Publish, To Update, To Close, and products that have no actions to perform.
At the bottom of the window instead will be shown all errors found in the import.
After the import the entire catalog of products will be shown. You will display a maximum of 2000 rows.
You can change this option in:
– SellRapido main panel, Settings button
– Pre-Sales tab
– Maximum number of products shown (enter the number of rows to display in the Pre-Sales grid).
In order to execute the operations shown on each product row, select rows to process and use the menu Run / Run set operations.
The selected rows will be Queued, and then processed.
To check the the progress of publication on the marketplace, use the Task Monitor (for more information, see Task Monitor help).
Once uploaded, your listings will have the Ok status.
To list the products already published, check the boxOnly active products.
Click on the field Listing Code to open the browser and view the listing just published.
In listing management window you can also do researchs, apply filters, set the columns layout, view all products data with a double-click.
If errors occur during publication, it will be reported in the Status field..
Click and error reason will be shown.
See our F.A.Q. ("Frequently Asked Questions") to find solutions to the most common marketplace errors.
These operations can be automated: to open the settings that control actions to be carried out at each import, and choose when to perform them, open the Catalog management window, select the catalog and click the Settings button.
Choose Automatisms in order to open the window where you can set the automatic updates.
Select the actions to be performed automatically, days and hours of the updates. You can set up to eight executions.
Confirm with the Ok button.
If you use automatisms, in addition to automatically import the catalog, at set times will also be performed publication, update and closing of the offers.
In the Catalog management window, click the Planner button, and will be opened a panel that summarizes all the automatic settings for each catalog.
We recommend that no execution overlaps the other within 5 minutes, and from this window you can identify overlapping executions and change schedules directly (read Catalog Automatisms help for more informations).